Ford Taurus Air Flow Meter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford Taurus Air Flow Meter?

So I recently picked up an '87 325is and have been slowly trying to figure out an issue with extreme hesitation / bogging in the middle of the rev range.

After replacing virtually every item that wasn't already new when I got the car, the issue has not gone away.

That is when I realized the "reman AFM" that the PO put on the car is an AFM that has zero cross references to BMW per Bosch's website.

I'm assuming this must have a different voltage curve, etc to the DME versus an actual AFM from an M20. Which I've now ordered, hoping it is the fix I need.

Actual AFM below. Appears to be a Blue Streak reman.

For the turbo 4 cyl lol.

Yeah, curve will be way off.
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
      For the turbo 4 cyl lol.

Yeah, curve will be way off.
      Thank you for confirming.

I did not know if the resistance values were the same through out any similar Bosch made AFM, and just the DME/ECU of the car aka the 4 cyl turbo taurus just fueled differently based on the same resistance per flap angle than the BMW would.

Comment

No, all the AFM's are different - even the few different ones that came in e30's (325i, 325e, and the Euro 323 all had different ones). Back then several car makers used the barn door type AFM's - and just like a modern MAF, they really don't interchange - well at least without an ECU remap.
        john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
          No, all the AFM's are different - even the few different ones that came in e30's (325i, 325e, and the Euro 323 all had different ones). Back then several car makers used the barn door type AFM's - and just like a modern MAF, they really don't interchange - well at least without an ECU remap.
          Makes sense.
          Not sure where in the world my ostrich is to attempt a remap.

Found a local 082 AFM which should be the one this particular car came with per ETK.

Thanks again for the confirmation!
          Excited to finally be able to drive it without the hesitations.

Comment

Working...
          X