1991 E30 Windshield Wipers Issue?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 E30 Windshield Wipers Issue?!?

Whats up guys. So every time I start the car and begin driving my wipers start going off for about 10 wipes out of nowhere then stops. Also during the drive it randomly goes off for another 2 wipes without me hitting the lever. Anyone ever experience this or have any knowledge? Could it be a fuse issue?

thank

Manny

Ground screw behind steering wheel is loose. Happens to many e30s

Comment

My wiper acted weird when the wiper relay got hot. I removed the relay cover and the issues went away. I have had the cover off for about 7 years now and not had another issue. But, do check the ground and the wiper stalk.

Comment

Originally posted by dnguyen1963 View Post
        My wiper acted weird when the wiper relay got hot. I removed the relay cover and the issues went away. I have had the cover off for about 7 years now and not had another issue. But, do check the ground and the wiper stalk.
        Yes to both of these. Mine was the stalk ground.
        Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Anyone know where behind the steering wheel? I know it sounds dumb but I can’t find the ground screw.

Comment

Take a look at this link you will see where the stalk grounds in the pictures

Wiper Relay and Stalk Replacement If your wipers stop working it could be your motor going out, a bad relay, or the stalk could be bad. If your wipers never stop working partway through their sweep the motors are probably ok so its one of the
            Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

If the windshield washers go on at the same time I found that the wiring harness that goes across the front of the car becomes brittle and shorts out essentially causing what happens when you pull back on the stalk.

My friend thought is was hilarious when we hit a bump and the wipers/washers just stuck on until I stopped and yanked a fuse...

Comment

Originally posted by fight4life28 View Post
                Ground screw behind steering wheel is loose. Happens to many e30s
                this ^

sent from hell using Tapatalk
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                '90 325i sedan daily driven
                '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Working...
                X