Mystery CEL (Motronic 1.1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystery CEL (Motronic 1.1)

I just finished up my 5spd swap on my euro car. Everything works perfectly, but I have a CEL that stays on constantly when the car is running.

I've got the 153 ECU, so it's Motronic 1.1, and the car flashes no codes when I leave the key in the "on" position without cranking the car.

Additionally, while wiring up my swap, I did not have any "GN/BK" to "GN" wire connections to disconnect, as my car doesn't have cruise control or a clutch switch.

Has anyone run into this before, and has any idea what could be causing the CEL? Car runs perfectly otherwise.
    1988 Atlantisblau Euro/Japanese 325i Cabriolet
    1989 Schwartz 325i - now M50 powered! - now very dead
    1998 Toyota 4Runner Limited
    My 17,000km Big NA National Parks trip!

No-one?
    I dropped a 380 DME in yesterday, and the CEL is still on after about two hours of driving, so I suspect it may be a wiring issue from the old auto wiring instead of an actual drivability issue.

Does anyone have experience with the 6 pin TPS (this came on cars only with the 4hp22EH trans).

EDIT: I believe the issue is actually with the TPS signal not making it to the DME. Motronic 1.3 doesn't read the variable signal that the 6pin TPS sends to the transmission computer, so it throws the check engine light.
    Does anyone know if there's a quick way to swap the right TPS in or am i stuck with cutting and splicing the harness or getting a new engine harness?

Thanks
    Last edited by Sea Aych; 07-08-2019, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Bumping this for revival now that the car is out for the summer... Anyone have experience with this?

Comment

Working...
      X