super high pitched squeel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

super high pitched squeel

ok, after removing/installing fuel injectors for the 1000th time, i get the car running but i have this super high pitched squeel coming from under the intake manifold/fuel injector area....it seems to be depent on vacuum too as it osciallates in pitch with how much hg/inch im pulling (boost gauge). any ideas?

Can't think of anything in that area that would make that kind of noise, you sure it's not a belt squealing???

Comment

found it.

you know the little "cap" that has a nipple on it that feeds a line to the FPR onthe M20 intake manifold? apprently its leaking.

Comment

"cap" eh?
        Can you get a pic? How can it make a squealing noise? What was it leaking? What does it do?

Comment

the eta has one too, its on the intake manifold on the valve cover side. There is a bracket that attaches the valve cover and the intake manifold there and has some bolts running through it.

Comment

Oh, the thing that the cold start valve bolts onto, and where the regulated air enters from the ICV, on an eta.

Comment

yup, on i's though, it just has a nipple for a vacuum hose...apparently air was leaking out the bottle.

Comment

Working...
              X