Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coolant Temp / Thermostat / What does your E30 run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coolant Temp / Thermostat / What does your E30 run?

Ok the entire time I owned my 325e it stayed inbetween 1/4 and 1/2 but on this 325iC the coolant stays at half and slightly below half if I'm going over 100. I was just wondering where should that needle be and which thermostat do I need to buy to get it there? My car feels must faster when I'm first start to drive and the needle is at 1/4 but as it approaches 1/2 I get down to my normal speeds.

"If I post enough next month will I get a cool little saying in my profile?"
    "Maybe 'My E30 brings all the girls to the yard' or something equally ridiculous"

Right at half, maybe 1mm over if i'm in traffic

Comment

generally about half way between 1/4-1/2 but lately its been a lil warmer.

Brian

Comment

Generally between 1/4 and 1/2 mark
        Continuous For Sale Thread
        323i s50

Comment

Originally posted by Court M3
          Generally between 1/4 and 1/2 mark
          Yeah.... traffic brings up a bit, but it never went over the 1/2 way mark.
          Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
          EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
          FullOpp Stickers for sale!
          NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
          Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
          ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

1/4.

Traffic 1/2

Sold it.

Comment

between 1/4-1/2. I've never seen the temp go over 1/2 (even when sitting for long times), and it's never gotten hot enough for the electric fan to come on.

this seemed odd to me, my last car got hot real fast, M20s run a little cool.

I've also checked my spark plugs to see if I was running maybe too cold, but the color was perfect. :)
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
              X