No announcement yet.

ok i dont like this noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hit all your belts with WD40. Especially in the winter months they can start making some nasty noises... In my E28 I have to spray them once a month to keep them quiet!!! And no, WD40 will NOT make the belts slip or come off unless they are improperly tensioned.

Edit: Don't spray the timing belt for the love of god. Just the accessory belts.
    '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

they make belt dressing that you can buy at the store, dunno about using wd40, it might break down the rubber.

Comment

its not a squeek its a ticking type sound
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
        Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

ill have to have a listen to the water pump with a stethoscope
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

they make belt dressing that you can buy at the store, dunno about using wd40, it might break down the rubber.
            It doesn't hurt the rubber, WD40 is a cleaner and protector in most cases. Lots of people use WD40 on their belts with no ill consequences, just check it out on MyE28.com
            '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

It could also be an exhaust manifold gasket. Or alternator/ac issues.

Comment

Valve ticking? Sticky lifters?
                Vancouver Portrait Photographer

E30 M3 Wallpapers

Comment

i can say tis again if you cant read, ITS NOT VALVES OR INJECTOR I KNOW WHAT THAT SOUNDS LIKE!

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
                    it NOT valve noise, i can hear that too but thats not of concern.

Comment

Working...
                    X