Windows not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows not working

Hey, heres the deal. The power windows in my 86 325e don't work. Im not sure what is causing it. All other electricals work - lights, wipers, mirrors, horn, "check" board all good. I also replaced all my fuses and had the window motors rebuilt. One thing i do know though, is that no power is getting to the switches. Any help would be great!!!

Sounds like there might be a short of broken wire somewhere. Are you sure that the window lock switch is not on?
    Originally posted by cabriodster87
    "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
    Originally posted by Kershaw
    i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

There's a circuit breaker on the dash, or on your console. It's the button with the lightning bolt, or possibly a blank button. Press it. Enjoy your new, working windows.

If that doesn't work, check voltage to that button. You should have checked voltage before spending ANY money actually.

I don't have the wiring diagrams on me, but check the Bentley (if you don't have one, get one from amazon.com. Trace the wires and check voltage at all points. You will find your problem, and you won't spend any more money replacing parts for no reason.
      85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
      e30 restoration and V8 swap
      24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

I had this problem as well. It's possible the the wires connected to your circuit breaker have come loose if you've taken out radio or anything.

91 318is

Comment

im with jgood on this one... turn your circuit breaker switch off

Comment

Working...
          X