88 325 seta chip? *confused*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

88 325 seta chip? *confused*

ok so I did research and was told that if I grab a 173ecu it would work, so I buy one and indeed it worked. I was also told that since the 88' seta were limited that they did not make a chip for this car. now after researching some more ive heard that the markd chip would work only if I had the 173. and I do have the 173. NOW my confusion started when I figured that if i have an I ecu (173) wouldnt the jimc/tms chip work with it? I was set on getting the markd chip but havent heard much about it. would like to just get the jimc/tms chip because its reputable. erf!!!!

Okay I'm confused now too. First, Did you change the cam and valve springs yet? Since you now have a 173 you can run any aftermarket chip made for the 173.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Now, as I understand it, any "I" car ecu would work in a seta. Taking this as a given I would say that the way they are set up that any chip written for that model ecu would work in that car as the ecus were all manufactured with the same "eprom" be it for an "I" or seta...............

I also believe that I heard once that a 380 ecu would work with any chip designed for a 173.

But I could be wrong.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
      When a man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment. When a woman talks dirty to a man, it's £3.95 per minute.
      "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." Jack Nicholson"
      Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Comment

the markD chip is very good. I bought mine some time ago, and have never, EVER, not even once had any regrets. I have one that is set up for the 19lb injectors and 93 octane(173ecu)

The tms chip is for 91 octane and stock injectors. Now you can even get a markDchip for that combo and the m30 AFM.

Im not going to say that the markD chip is better, but i can say there is nothing wrong with it. The service was fast and the product is great.
        --Will

Comment

so far the only mods i have is the 173 ecu and the "i" intake manifold. so as you guys say any of the 2 would work yes? and no i havent done the cams and valves springs yet.

Comment

be careful.. a stock m20b27 is not meant to rev as high as the m20b25's.

sure, the ecu works..... as for a new chip, I would not suggest a 325i chip.

if markd can make one, i'd say give it a shot. as mentioned, many good things to say about markd's work.

Comment

Working...
            X