Rieger Inifity 1 mounts how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rieger Inifity 1 mounts how?

Does it use the same factory clips as the OEM "i" and "iS"?

No . Use self tapping screws through the lip right into the valance .

Or be a real R3v'er and use zip-ties . :D
    Seriously , this is what is holding on my Rieger replica and my OE "is" lip on the 318 in my sig .

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

don't buy a real rieger lip. buy the eurostyle replica... it's actually made much better than the real thing, which breaks very easily.

zip ties are a superior mounting method IMO. bolts will just fuck up your valance if you hit something hard enough that zip ties would break..
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I too hear the Reiger lip is very brittle ABS and breaks frequently.
        :: PNW Crew ::
        '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Yeah the original Rieger will tend to shatter or splinter upon impact .

The Eurostyle piece is far superior in its construction .
          When I R3v'd the 318 a while back the lip actually had one corner torn off .
          It was a clean break and it would actually fit right back together .
          This led to a quick and easy repair for me and I also modded it it slightly .

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

I'm not sure I picked up the e-sarcasm there, but u saying that the Rieger lip doesn't mount up to the factory mounting clips ?

That sux, as I've been looking into getting one, and now I'm a little put off.

Comment

I have a replica infinity for my 1988 too, haven't mounted it yet, just trialfitted, I'll be usin zip tie method.

The problem is: the shape of lp is not completely following the contour of valace, there is like 5mm gap on the middle if I put the sides on correctly and if I put the center section on rightposition, end will sag slightly.

Will it fit once I've tied it? Did you guys have the same kind of issue?

My valace should be straight.
              Current:

BMW 320i 2d 2.0 m20 -88
              BMW 325i Cabriolet 2.5 m50 -88
              BMW 316i touring 1.6 m40 -90
              BMW 320i 4d 2,2 m54 -01

Comment

zip ties for the monkey fuck here.
                sigpicM42 Brigade ... Throwing craze in the 318

Comment

Ok where is this Eurostyle thing?

How the hell can I drill and mount to my valance? There is like a 1/4" overhang that you could actually drill into

Supposedly my e36 M3 rieger lip is brittle too and I have had it for 2 years and no damage. And it has been hit pretty hard ;)

Let me know how the "eurostyle"

Comment

Originally posted by Rocla View Post
                    I have a replica infinity for my 1988 too, haven't mounted it yet, just trialfitted, I'll be usin zip tie method.

The problem is: the shape of lp is not completely following the contour of valace, there is like 5mm gap on the middle if I put the sides on correctly and if I put the center section on rightposition, end will sag slightly.

Will it fit once I've tied it? Did you guys have the same kind of issue?

My valace should be straight.
                    mine fit just fine?

I have to crawl under my car today, I'll try to remember to get pics of the valance from underneath. it's really pretty simple..
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                    X