325e missing under medium thottle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

325e missing under medium thottle

Here's the deal - I had a great condition m20b27. Did some preventive maintenance: timing belt, valve adjustment, water pump, some misc seals and gaskets, and spark plugs (wr9ls). Cap and rotor are pretty new, everything else is great.

So I do the maintenance, go for a drive, and the fuckin thing starts missing. It doesn't do it at idle or WOT, but basically everything in between. It does it in every gear, but mostly when the engine is under only light load. Say I'm in 2nd gear, 1/2 throttle. That will bring the rpm's up to 3k or so. At this point, it's missing and stumbling a bit. If I give it more gas, it misses and stumbles more, but still accelerates. If I go full throttle, it pulls like a raped ape, like nothing is wrong.

Timing is right, cap/rotor are good and coil pack is good (tried spare parts - no change).

Any ideas????

Here's my plan of action (probably in this order):
    Try spare AFM, spark plugs, plug wires, TPS, FPR, check valve adjustment, m20b25 swap.

Another thing that pisses me off is the cam gear bolt came loose, the cam gear was wobbling, so I had to rip everything apart and tighten it back up. Now the brand new cam gear seal is leaking, and it's leaking pretty bad. I get a puddle when I park.

You try to do some preventive maintenance and everything fucking goes to hell.
    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Haha you should go buy the ole saying......if it aint broke....

try the afm that'd be my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
      Haha you should go buy the ole saying......if it aint broke....

try the afm that'd be my guess.
      Yeah no kidding. The thing ran PERFECT. I was in a good financial position and decided preventive maintenance would really help me out in the future. So now this car is messed up, and now my Explorer is shifting at damn near redline and throwing check engine lights. So now I don't have money to fix either because I threw a couple hundred at preventive maintenance. And I also through a couple hundred at a 325is I just bought, which broke down on the test drive (the owner warned me not to drive it, the driveshaft was shaking a little, I thought it would be fine as they generally don't come apart and destroy the shifter and transmission at the same damn time!).

I've got 3 cars that barely run and a 1.5 hour commute to work.

Sorry, I needed to vent and let that out, again.
      85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
      e30 restoration and V8 swap
      24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Working...
      X