Clear All

What to expect - 19lb Injectors - MarkD Chip for 19lb

What can I expect for this?

t3h fastness. Thats what.

Will
    RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
    Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
    DaveCN = Old Man
    My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
    If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

hmmmm

Comment

Don;t get 19lb injectors

Go with 17.5lb instead. 19lb injectors are too much even with the chip and M30 AFM.

Comment

Get the 19 pounders and MarkD's chip for the 19 pounders and youll be fine.

Will
          RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
          Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
          DaveCN = Old Man
          My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
          If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertK View Post
            Don;t get 19lb injectors

Go with 17.5lb instead. 19lb injectors are too much even with the chip and M30 AFM.
            I still cannot see the m30 afm doing anything as an upgrade... Possible but unlikely to me.

Comment

MAF on N/A and MAP on F/I

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

On another note, where the fuck do you get this chip? I tried emailing both address and pm'ing MarkD on both boards, no response. Makes me not want to send him my $200+ dollars and just HOPE I get a chip in return.
                85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                e30 restoration and V8 swap
                24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Originally posted by PeaveyBassist View Post
                  Get the 19 pounders and MarkD's chip for the 19 pounders and youll be fine.

Will
                  Unless you plan on going turbo or boring and stroking the engine, replacing the AFM with a MAF conversion and tuning them in with an AFPR then 19lb injectors make you run too rich above 4K.

19lb injectors are really too much for a stock M20 w/ just a MAF and a MarkD chip. Trust me I know.

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
                  I still cannot see the m30 afm doing anything as an upgrade... Possible but unlikely to me.
                  If you ever get a chance to compare your stock AFM to a M30 AFM you will see that the M30 AFM is much bigger = more air flow.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertK View Post
                    Unless you plan on going turbo or boring and stroking the engine, replacing the AFM with a MAF conversion and tuning them in with an AFPR then 19lb injectors make you run too rich above 4K.

19lb injectors are really too much for a stock M20 w/ just a MAF and a MarkD chip. Trust me I know.

If you ever get a chance to compare your stock AFM to a M30 AFM you will see that the M30 AFM is much bigger = more air flow.
                    Just being simply bigger does not really mean anything :) Bigger means more airflow up top but a possible loss of torque down low. For the time it needs with taking it apart and swapping this to here and there I would rather Tune my own MS

19 would not seem to big to me. Consider the OEM injectors are running at close to 100% duty cycle it would seem that 19lb injectors would be a good fit.

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
                      On another note, where the fuck do you get this chip? I tried emailing both address and pm'ing MarkD on both boards, no response. Makes me not want to send him my $200+ dollars and just HOPE I get a chip in return.
                      tell me about it. i ordered a chip in december and got it in late february. you have to go on his site and call him directly to get any answer. emailing is useless. your other best bet would be to buy one from irelandengineering if he still has some. i know the Mark send some chips out to the westcoast and eastcoast and has them as dealers because he's in Canada.
                      Originally posted by Hawt drift chick
                      Yeah, i'm a good dude i swear, i just like to be balls to the wall.

Comment

I have never had any problems contacting Mark D, email or pm

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

I am waiting for a reply now :)

Comment

Working...
                          X