No announcement yet.

Water under my carpets. Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah glad the water hose worked for you. Now that you know where it is leaking from you just need to get her fixed. I personally have never had a pop rear 1/4 window car so I do not have any knowledge of fixing this but I will take a stab at it and guess that the easiest fix would be to replace the oem weatherstrip for that window....It shouldn't be all that hard to do either. The part you are needing to replace is #2 on the link posted along with the part number in the list with a price(approx) Hope this helps

Comment

Yeah, that's the plan, but the weather stripping that's there seems fine...no cracks and is solid. Maybe it's elasticity is just shot, and it's not pushing back against the window like it should, or maybe the pop-out linkage-thingy isn't pulling it as snug as it needs to be. Thanks alot for the part # info...makes it alot easier.

Comment

Originally posted by scoutzilla View Post
        Yeah, that's the plan, but the weather stripping that's there seems fine...no cracks and is solid. Maybe it's elasticity is just shot, and it's not pushing back against the window like it should, or maybe the pop-out linkage-thingy isn't pulling it as snug as it needs to be. Thanks alot for the part # info...makes it alot easier.
        No problem at all. I would tend to think that the linkage is probably OK? and the weather stripping is just not pushing against the window like it needs too. But once again I have not had a car with pop out rear windows as mine is a newer model with the fixed 1/4 glass... Hopefully some others will post their ideas on the fix for this to keep you from spending good $$$$$ on useless parts but that is where I would start at honestly

Comment

i cant pull my front left carpet up i dont know how

Comment

You'll need to remove your driver's seat, pull off the mouldings on the rocker panel, take out the speaker cover, ans lift up the carpet, get some towels to pull water out of the foam, then prop up the carpet up and direct some air towards it with a big fan. That should dry up the carpet in a day if you take care to wring out as much water from the carpet as best as you can.
            '89 325i track sloot
            '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

i ended up taken the entire carpet out and now am in the process of welding my floor board and getting the carpet shampooed

Comment

i need some help

today i found that the leak is comen from the driver side drain what can i do now

i tought off the inner wheel well and cleaned a shit load of dirt and shit out but it stil leaks

Comment

Working...
                X