Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

eek, valves just got noisy... seafoam too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eek, valves just got noisy... seafoam too?

Dropped of a friend today and when I got out of the car to get something out of the trunk, the tappets were extra noisy, and it sounded like every damn belt on the car felt like squealing or hissing... Any ideas? My motors got 191k on it, and I don't really tend to baby it...

Also I sea foamed my car a while ago and while it ran smoother, my fucking MPG plummeted... Went from about 18.5 to 15.4, and when I baby it, 23 to 17....... Why would this be the case?

bump

Comment

be more specific
      Originally posted by ebelements
      Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

Suggest you adjust your valves then if they are clattering. It's not hard to do. What is the rest of you maintance condition?

Comment

Everything has been maintained pretty well, car still runs good, this was my first time sea foaming it as I had just read about it... I think I'll do the valves next weekend, we're getting rain/snow right now... How often are the timing belts suggested to be changed in these cars?

Comment

- Low on oil
            - Valves out of adjustment
            R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

I do mine every 55K or 4 years whatever comes first.

Comment

cold weather reduces gas milleage. i heard somewhere that the winter gasoline has some additives in it that reduces gas milleage, but i can't say that for sure.

I drive about 5 miles to work.. my toyota that usually gets 35mpg, now gets 28. it doesn't get a chance to warm up, so it runs rich (trying to warm up) all the way to work.

Comment

a fresh O2 sensor might help.

Comment

Originally posted by SchnellerVert View Post
                    I do mine every 55K or 4 years whatever comes first.
                    this depends on how hard you drive it. I do mine every 10k..
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                      this depends on how hard you drive it. I do mine every 10k..
                      Geez if this is the case, rwdrift should change his every oil change
                      R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

Working...
                      X