wont turn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wont turn

When I turn the key, the engine barely turns, then quits. Have synthetic 15w-50 and its about 38 right now. Could this be the problem?

I also just put on a alternator belt. Its it possible to put the belt on too tightly? COuld this contribute to my engine problem?
    Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

I have 20w50 in a colder climate...your oil shouldn't be the problem.

Make sure all the lights/fans/radio stuff is OFF to minimize the draw on the battery when the motor is trying to turn over.

Was the car fine before you put the new alternator belt on?
    sigpic
    1991 Diamantschwarz 318is
    1998 Cosmosschwarz M3 Sedan

Comment

CCA - Cold Crank Amps. Battery may be dead. Is this the first really cold day? 38 isnt very cold for a battery, but if you can jump it fine that may be the reason. Could also be a draw from leaving the lights on or another electric draw.

BTW, the Unloader relay turns off all accessories while cranking, so it is no necessary to turn them off yourself.

Originally posted by vlad
      Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

K thanks. Its been sitting for about a week; ever since it started snowing so I'll try jump starting.

Yeah it ran fine before I put the new alt belt on.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

thanks guys. I brought the battery inside and let it warm up-->reinstalled in car-->starts! I can go home now haha.

Comment

Its about time you got your head out of your ass poonjab . :p

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

yeah, i was going to run 15w50 all winter, but I had to change my oil and all I could get was 5w50. doh! oh well..
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

The oil isn't the problem. A less than fully charged or old battery is the problem.
                The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
                Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
                  The oil isn't the problem. A less than fully charged or old battery is the problem.
                  thanks, I can read. :p
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                  X