Did something stupid..Vin tag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did something stupid..Vin tag

Okay, I did something REALLY f*cking stupid. Yes I admit, I was excited because my M30 is getting done quickly and the car will start getting put BACK together this week.

So I took out the dash to replace with a non-cracked one. I have a huge pile of junk and threw it in.

In a hurry, I put all the junk in the truck and drove it to my local school to put it in the trash, a couple days ago.

So I thinking yesterday and realize...OOO F*CK! I put the dash AND the vin tag in the dumpster!

Am I complete F'ed or can BMA or a dealership make me a new one? I have the title, obviously, and everything. I really am feeling like a complete idiot.

Thanks

you are a fucking dumb ass DJ, i vote no vin in your dash HA

Comment

OH DAMN !! YOUR FUCKED !! I am pretty sure the dealer will get the DMV and the cops involved. As it will throw a big flag up for swapped vin tags making them think it is a stolen car !! You will have a hassle but in the end I doubt you will get a new vin plate but rather a decal placed in the door jamb saying the vin has been changed

GOOD LUCK THOUGH !!
      Last edited by atomic; 12-20-2007, 09:07 PM.

Comment

The state maybe able to issue a new vin# for it. But be ready for a big hassle on why you removed the vin.

1992 BMW 325iC
        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Sorry, LOL! I replaced my dash twice and that was the very first thing I did , removed the original vin plate . DOH!
          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
            Sorry, LOL! I replaced my dash twice and that was the very first thing I did , removed the original vin plate . DOH!
            I KNOW! Its sounds fucking stupid and it is. Son of a bitch, now I have to find a vin tag and a title...great what a fucking hassle, and it all could have been avoided.

I remember taking the dash out and saying, I need to take the VIN tag off and put it on the new one. Then I loaded it in the truck the next day and put it in the trash.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrcruse View Post
              Son of a bitch, now I have to find a vin tag and a title....

1992 BMW 325iC
              1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
              1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Well, the car might be getting parted out. I was doing really well with it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrcruse View Post
                  I KNOW! Its sounds fucking stupid and it is. Son of a bitch, now I have to find a vin tag and a title...great what a fucking hassle, and it all could have been avoided.

I remember taking the dash out and saying, I need to take the VIN tag off and put it on the new one. Then I loaded it in the truck the next day and put it in the trash.
                  Thats the route I'd go, get the tag and title off one of these guys parting a vert. Then register your "new" car. Lot easier then getting an assigned vin, well in MA anyway.
                  sigpic

Comment

well, 1 good thing is that bmw has the vin on every body part so as long as you have the title you can show the car is the right one
                    NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

Comment

Yeah, isn't there a VIN in the engine compartment on the firewall or something? All of my 6ers have had one there.
                      '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

i dont think its a big deal. i wouldnt part out my car just b.c i didnt have the vin on teh dash...thats recockulous.
                        IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

But, I want to sell if eventually. This probably will look like a big "bad" on the for sale thread. I definately don't want to part it but if thats going to prove to be the only way, what else do I have.

I am going to call my BMW mechanic and see what he thinks tomorrow. He has seen the car and I can easily prove to him its the car that belongs to the title which belongs to me.

I also like your use of words. It made me laugh in this time of trouble haha.
                          Originally posted by golde30 View Post
                          recockulous.
                          Last edited by Mastrcruse; 12-20-2007, 10:49 PM.

Comment

dude, who cares, the vin is on the firewall...just shows that you have made the car better by putting a newer, better dash in it.

Comment

IS THE WHOLE WORLD CRAZY? You guys are being ricockulous. Pull off that vin tag, leave it empty, luckily BMW put the vin in 75 other places including your door jam which is a more legit place than your dash, just can't be seen when the doors are locked.

Comment

Working...
                              X