Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

worm air

hey every one i need some more help.
    when running my car the cold and hot tach will never really come off of cold it will move outside the blue marking on cold but just alittle above the blue. and it will not put out hot air like my jeep it is worm but not hot .
    see in my jeep you end up turning the hot down because it will get to hot but in the car i have to have it on hot all day it is about 40 here in the winter . need help please
    wilson

Sounds like your thermostat is stuck open. Simple fix. Get a new one and replace it.

If you search, there are some topics on this.

Comment

See if it still has a tstat
      "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

thank you guys for the help . someone told me it cold be my heater core . i have not looked to see if it has a t-stat in it yet .
        wilson

Comment

try searching "warm" air
          Advanded Delphin Division
          My e30s: 1987 325i/1994 318iT

Comment

That's not your heater core. Replace the tstat first and go from there.
            "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

"hot tach" I like it!
              -Dave
              2003 Lincoln Towncar | 1992 BMW 325iC | 1968 Cadillac Deville

Need some help figuring out the ETM?

Comment

lern 2 spiel n' maebie wii cun hilp u behter?
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I was wondering why noone was hammering this guy.
                  I thought for a moment the r3v had become a kinder gentler r3v?
                  How about using teh

Comment

Originally posted by kyle wilson View Post
                    hey every one i need some more help.
                    when running my car the cold and hot tach will never really come off of cold it will move outside the blue marking on cold but just alittle above the blue. and it will not put out hot air like my jeep it is worm but not hot .
                    see in my jeep you end up turning the hot down because it will get to hot but in the car i have to have it on hot all day it is about 40 here in the winter . need help please

May I first suggest, two things...

...these two items should keep you mildly flame-proof.

Comment

well thank you guys for giving me shit on my spelling. I would really like to thank the guys that took the time to help me . and as for the spelling as long as im on this web site you will have to get use to it . my spelling sucks . life goes on
                      wilson

Comment

That does not fly here, conform or die. At least spellcheck it for those of us who know how to read.

Comment

???

I thought it said worm air (as in the slimy fish bait type)...Some kind of new induction pressure boosting technology.

What a let down.

Yes, try the thermostat. It could be a clogged heater valve or core too.
                          Last edited by DCColegrove; 01-15-2008, 10:46 AM. Reason: added something constructive

Comment

Use firefox and it will spell check for you.

what was the outcome of the tstat swap?

Comment

Originally posted by DCColegrove View Post
                              I thought it said worm air (as in the slimy fish bait type)...Some kind of new induction pressure boosting technology.

What a let down.

Yes, try the thermostat. It could be a clogged heater valve or core too.
                              The heater valve/core would not cause toe car to run cool - just to blow cold air.

Comment

Working...
                              X