86 non airbag pedal assembly on a airbag car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

86 non airbag pedal assembly on a airbag car

Ok so i did the search and didnt exactly get what i was looking for so im doing the 5 speed swap and i pulled the pedals out of my 86 to put in my 90 the soon realized there were differences in the pedal assembly boxes so my question is can i just buy a 90 clutch pedal by itself and everything should bolt up just fine. Or for now is there a way to get the clutch return spring to work. Which is my only problem that i have found thus far. Any input will help.

I did the swap using non airbag parts in an airbag car. I had a parts car so I just transferred everything over. IIRC, the non airbag pedal box will not work with the airbag column. I could be wrong though because this was almost a year ago. The airbag and non airbag columns are very different.

Comment

you want to get a manual clutch and brake pedal from an airbag car, and yes you can just swap them into your pedal box. no, you can't use non-airbag pedals in an airbag car.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

well shit i guess i need to buy and airbag clutch pedal then do i need the brake to? it dosnt look like i would need it also but i dont know if someone would sell me just a clutch pedal

Comment

does anyone have a pic of the assembly together on an airbag car so i can see what i need

Comment

Working...
          X