Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sandblasting is cheaper, but not everyone has a compressor

Comment

i prefer using wire wheels to sand blasting for a lot of things. Can get pretty much anything to come up looking brand new, get them in different wire grades, soft enough you wont strip skin from your hand, hard enough you can strip concrete :)
      Just a little project im working on
      - http://www.lse30.com -

Comment

What sand blaster are you using? Which media are you putting in it? I am thinking about getting a sand blaster from harbor freight. Thanks.

p.s. I have rust on top of rust, but I still love Ohio.

Comment

^^^I have one of those harbor freight blasters. Works pretty good. And its identical to my snap-on one i got a few years back. I personally like fine glass beads (I get mine from a local radiator shop for $35 for 50lbs) Still messy but removes shit much better than sand.
          harry/harout

Comment

White vinegar is great for de-rusting parts that can't be disassembled - like seat rails. For best effect, I usually let parts soak overnight, rinse with a hose to get the loose stuff off, then let it soak again. Repeat until clean, then paint.

For other stuff I have a Harbor Freight blast cabinet with a few modifications and one of their pressure blasters.

Comment

I don't have any malt vinegar, but I have gallons upon gallons of malt liquor. I wonder if the results are the same?

Comment

Originally posted by bolognablake View Post
                I don't have any malt vinegar, but I have gallons upon gallons of malt liquor. I wonder if the results are the same?
                Try it, let us know
                harry/harout

Comment

Originally posted by bolognablake View Post
                  The malt liquor would probably smell better than five gallons of rust-filled white vinegar. :rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by sennafan View Post
                    p.s. I have rust on top of rust, but I still love Ohio.

I know the feeling, minus the love Ohio part. :razz:

Always nice to see another rust trick. Can never have too many for that damn crap. I need to move back down south where rust isn't a problem.:(

Comment

Heres what happened when I tried to clean the rust out of my trunk. I am replacing all my suspension pieces to get the car ready to autocross. After I sand blast the parts, what is best to paint them with? Will regular rust-oleum work or is there something better? Thanks
                      Last edited by sennafan; 05-22-2014, 05:34 AM.

Comment

lol wtf you just cut it out? you gonna re-weld it?

Comment

Working...
                        X