Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To those wth the sparco strut bar.....???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote="e9nine"]
    Originally posted by OOMPH!
    George...I broke mine too....you over-torqued it ..you can replace it even without dropping the mount. I got mine from the dealer..very cheap item... you need the pin and the self locking nut

BTW the torque specs are like 16 or 18ft/lbs..look in the Bentley
    cool, thanks again e9nine

SOLD: My feature http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/04/a...ss-bmw-e30-m3/

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3
      Arik, I was talking about putting a spacer under the throttle body cable housing bracket to lift the height up jus slightly. But make sure it doesn't contact the hood. I appears that it needs to come up about 6mm or so to prevent the rubbing. Yea it's a guess on the height but you could just use washers to lift the bracket.
      Greg, after a week I have already noticed that my throttle cable is already making a mark in the bar......so, do you have any pics to describe what you mean? I get the whole idea, but what would you use as a spacer and where would it go?

e9nine, have you been havng this problem too?

Thanks, George

Comment

George, I ran my CC cable above and the throttle cable underneath the bar. I simply bent the bracket forward a little bit and it doesn't rub against the bar no more.

It seems you have your throttle cable over the bar I guess. What you can also do is use some sort of metal sleeve or very strong rubber to absorb the friction so it doesn't wear through the bar. HTH

Comment

Originally posted by e9nine
          George, I ran my CC cable above and the throttle cable underneath the bar. I simply bent the bracket forward a little bit and it doesn't rub against the bar no more.

It seems you have your throttle cable over the bar I guess. What you can also do is use some sort of metal sleeve or very strong rubber to absorb the friction so it doesn't wear through the bar. HTH
          Oh ok....i thought you had yours above it. At first, I had mine underneath too but I think it was still rubbing. I am going to take it off again probably go back to putting it underneath. Thanks again......haha, I better not break another stud. :roll: BTW, did you loosen the little nut on the end of the throttle cable?

Comment

yeah you're gonna have to do some adjusting of the throttle cable in some situations. Be careful with the cables as you move them around. The plastic ends are very brittle...

Comment

Old thread, I know. But at least I searched...!!

Sparco strut brace going onto an ‘88 325i.

The brace interferes with the throttle cable. I understand I can run the cable over the top, or under the brace. I see some people have recommended bending the tab that the throttle cable runs through in its bracket.

if I bend the bracket, won’t that shorten the length of the cable between the bracket and the throttle body arm? I know there is a little plastic screw-adjuster to adjust the tension, but if I bend the bracket, surely that will be out of the range of adjustment....?

Any tips?

PS. I don’t have to worry about cruise, I don’t have it.

Comment

Working...
              X