Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

allignment ??'s with printout from shop...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

allignment ??'s with printout from shop...

So, last friday Greg and I installed my suspension, and as everyone knows, you need to go get your car alligned... So this morning I did. Low and behold I found out everything is fine (toe) and doesnt need to be adjusted. My rears are good, my front camber is pretty bad.... On the left front, it's a degree to negative from the min, and on the right its a degree and a half too negative from the min. I REALLY!! dont want to install camber plates, but if i have to i will. Anyone have any ideas what i can do besides camber plates? Also, can I just leave it alone? what will the negative effects be? if they are tire wear, how bad will it be? Any tips appreciated... Since it was my dad's college buddy's shop, at least they didnt charge me anything...

SORRY FOR THE HUGE PIC!!

Dan

That some badass front camber vs. rear. Keep it, if you still manage to wear the inside of your tires faster you're not driving hard enough. :twisted:

Comment

your camber is fine
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

fine? that's not too much negative camber up front?
        Dan

Comment

My question is... How is the ride? plenty of pics but I have not heard to much about it rides like ass or to soft or hard? etc... Do you like the having shocks again 8) being three out of four were failed.
          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

well.... you know how before I bought the suspension, everyone was like "FK springs are really soft" well, the kit is the stiffest thing i've ever ridden in. You feel pretty much everything, i love it.... it feels like it ties me to the car much more, although its a rougher ride, i like it more
            Dan

Comment

Guess if I'm back in time I need to shake it down.

Comment

you do need to take a ride... it's hard for me to describe it, i really have nothing to compare to, besides stock ride quality. you gotta take a ride...

now what do you think about my camber?
                Dan

Comment

You know, I can't tell you tires are cheap. I'd rather have the handling than stock settings. I haven't done mine yet but I will be doing camber plates this summer plus I have M3 encentric bushing too.

Does it pull or jerk the wheel at all?

Comment

nothing, drives absolutely perfect.... just woried about premature tire wear.... im a broke ass kid who can afford new tires yearly...
                    Dan

Comment

Yeah I know that's why I volunteered the time.

Comment

and that's why you the man, as well as many other reasons, but you get the point... so you think i should just see how it goes? how is your camber after the suspension install?
                        Dan

Comment

anyone? opinions on my camber? is it a problem?
                          Dan

Comment

Sorry went to bed. Mine is fine it's off but I can deal with it. I was getting some bump steer but now that I have my sway in it's gone. Some negative is good to much is bad. Depends on what your preferance is.

As I said I would rather have some for cornering differance.

Comment

Dan, I wouldnt worry about it. I hate to say it, but if you were that concerned about it, you should have gotten a kit that didnt lower your car as much.

FWIW, I am lowered on H&R sports, and I have fixed camber plates that ADD 1.25 degrees, so I should be somewhere around 3 degrees in the front, if not more. I hate to think what my rears are under load. Essentially the car sits about 1/2" above the bump stops with the nearly 600 lbs I throw back there in wheels/tires/tools and spares for the track. I have put nearly 4k miles on my GS-D3's so far, and you would never know it to look at them, at least not yet.

Are you going to wear through tires faster? Of course you are, thats the nature of the game. I would just swap the tires left to right to take care of the problem every 7k miles or so. Either that, or buy harder compound (read: All-seasons) and leave it at that.

Comment

Working...
                              X