No announcement yet.

Injectors not injecting!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This exact same thing happened to me once. Turns out the injector wiring harness had come unplugged. Check the harness (it routes under the manifold, down by the dipstick) and make sure it is firmly connected to the main wiring harness. It connects via a black twist-on plug similar to the O2 sensor plug. Definitely check there, it's very easy.

Comment

will do, fer sure.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
        This exact same thing happened to me once. Turns out the injector wiring harness had come unplugged. Check the harness (it routes under the manifold, down by the dipstick) and make sure it is firmly connected to the main wiring harness. It connects via a black twist-on plug similar to the O2 sensor plug. Definitely check there, it's very easy.
        There is no injector harness main plug on the 325e motor he is working on, only the 88 up 325i's had that plug. On the Eta's the harness is built right into the main harness.

Have you checked for 12-volts yet at the injectors on the red/white wire?
        85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Originally posted by rs4pro3 View Post

have not done that, i will this weekend maybe (it's my brother-in-law's car, its at his house, i only get access on weekends) but this weekend we will be moving stuff into my new house, i may not have time. But you guys have been the biggest help. I will work on that car as soon as possible and report back to this thread my findings, and maybe we can figure this thing out. Again, thank you guys for all of your help!:up:

Comment

Originally posted by rs4pro3 View Post
            There is no injector harness main plug on the 325e motor he is working on, only the 88 up 325i's had that plug. On the Eta's the harness is built right into the main harness.

Good to know! Thanks, I've owned an EM car so I wouildn't know.

Comment

Working...
            X