2 questions, headlights/AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 questions, headlights/AF

ok, i have an 87 325, new to e30's not new to cars, i threw my car on the dyno at work today (dynojet) for shits n giggles, hahaha (automatic 2.7 eta) ran some whack number like..95 hp..haha maybe more, anyways, AF was super lean at like 15.something, how can i fix that problem, i know it sounds like an amature question, how can i adjust the fuel w.o an adjustable FPR, second question, i just got hella projectors non smiley, are those the US style ? what cars did they come on? and does anyone have a writeup or link on how to DIY Smoked headlights? thanks guys!

this should help for the "smok'em yourself" part of the question,
    As far as fuel tweaking, is that not controlled by the airflow through the MAF sensor? some say you can play with them by taking them apart, but I think there is a consensus that there is nothing to be gained by doing that...
    I will defer to thoes who know more than I do in the fuel dept.
    but, did you check the condition of these?;
    Fuel filter
    Injectors
    f/ lines
    F/pump
    I would think any of these in poor condition may cause a lean condition...
    just my .02
    Cheers,
    Patrick
    Originally Posted by ACMF74
    i clicked on this cuz i saw p3nis

Comment

First off, 95hp out of a 21 year old car that only had 121hp to begin with isn't bad at all.

Now smoking the lights, there are a few DIY threads in the FAQ and DIY section. I have a different way that works for me. Check my car and E30polak's car and that is my work.

As for the fuel problem. Don't fuck with the AFM. They are designed to work one way and tweaking them only screws them up. The first thing you should do is get a new fuel pressure regulator and clean your injectors while you're at it. The lean problem can be cause by, clogged fuel inlet line, dirty or clogged injectors, a fuel pump going out and many other things but start with the easiest and cheapest first.

HTH

Taylor
      Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
      Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Working...
      X