Need help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help!!!

So i was worrking in my engine bay and my prybar accidentaly hit the contacts on my starter! It made quite a spark! So i checked the starter fuse right away! It was fine, so i thought ok its fine! When i went to start the car, it wouldnt! The starter clicked but did not turn the engine over. I tested my starter and its fine. The fuse is not blown. Anyone know what has happened? What should i do?

is there a fusable link there?? might have to replace it. other than that it sounds like your battery is a little low, give it a charge or jump start it and see if it cranks.
    sigpic
    1991 325iC w/ 75k Original Miles, Brillantrot, 5-speed, 16" BBS RX's, Black Leather Sport Heated Seats, LSD, and Diving Boards for life!!!:D

Comment

My battery is fine fully charged! Fusible link where?

Comment

If its a 5 speed, bump start it. The starter might be stuck in a position it doesn't like. Or just give it a good smack with a mallet or something to see if you can jar it.

This should be a lesson learned. The manuals don't say disconnect the battery before any repairs for nothing. Its just a precaution so something like this doesn't happen.

Taylor
        Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
        Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Working...
        X