Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anybody seen this water leak before (trunk)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anybody seen this water leak before (trunk)

It's the trunk gasket no? The water just trickles down there from wherever the leak is.
    1: Sunroof drains
    2: Taillight gaskets
    3: Trunk gasket

Comment

it is obviously not 1, or 2. must be 3, as there *is* a chunk missing from the middle of the gasket, just above/near the latch. how can water crawl up under there tho?? strange...

Comment

Most likely it is the gasket. If I were you I would pull it and inspect it further because if you've got water collecting underneath the gasket the thin metal lip (which the gasket grabs onto) will rust. Ask me how I know... :???:

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineIS View Post
          Most likely it is the gasket. If I were you I would pull it and inspect it further because if you've got water collecting underneath the gasket the thin metal lip (which the gasket grabs onto) will rust. Ask me how I know... :???:
          Happens to my car,too! :(
          I just finished using silicone around the suspect rear light,
          but still I get humidity in there.So,how do I fix this?
          N.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally Posted by aaron_silva
          It is always frustrating having a harsh ride when
          you arent in the right mind set.

Comment

The easiest way to find a leak (after it warms up) is to get in the trunk with a flashlight .

Then, have someone you trust (so he'll let you out when you're done) turn a hose on the trunk. The source of the water leak will be instantly obvious.

Comment

Working...
            X