Does my e30 have 2 pumps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does my e30 have 2 pumps?

so my external fuel pump is up for renewal and I thought seeing as it’s original (1986) I should probably replace the in tank pump too.. I opened it up and found this... it’s not what I was expecting, I thought there would be a metal bracket and more wiring.... is this just the fuel tank reader for gauge? Or is there a pump underneath? I didn’t open it as didn’t want to disturb anything til I know there’s also a pump there or not.

Cheers

If you have an external pump, you have two pumps. But that looks more like the fuel level sender. Try the other side of the tank, or just put your VIN or model and manufacture date in realoem and find out for sure.

Comment

That appears to be an Euro spec early model sending unit. If you have a Euro model, you will have only one external pump.

Early model US spec 325's and late model 318is's have one sender/pump combination in the tank. Late 325's came with a sender in the driver side and pump/sender combo on passenger.
      Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 09-18-2019, 12:50 PM.
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Ok should have mentioned it’s a German spec car. Realoem dowsnt specify what I have just gives me loads of diagrams with different tanks options. Makes sense now. There’s nothing on the other side of tank I can open

Comment

The FAQ/DIY section is for staff-approved instructional posts only. Please do not ask questions there. If you don't know where to ask your question, post it in General Technical and we'll move it to the appropriate subforum if necessary. Thanks in advance.
          Originally posted by kronus
          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Working...
          X