Help with Carsoft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Carsoft?

Trying to do some programming on my E39 and figured it would be handy to have the capability to have the software, so I took the plunge and bought Carsoft V12 from the manufacturer. The software and hardware arrived and then realized I needed a serial port equipped Windows PC (have not owned a PC since 2005), so I bought a 2014-ish Panasonic Toughbook.

Installed the software (per the directions that came with Carsoft) and I keep getting "dongle not found" errors. Nothing works with either the 20 pin round connector, or the OBD2 style connector.

Machine is a CF-53 Toughbook on Windows 7, which the label says is Carsoft compatible.

Has anyone here had any experience with Carsoft and could maybe walk me through what the issue may be/what I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

No carsoft but I might be able to help. Update drivers on pc. Found in Control Panel -> Device Manager under Ports (COM & LPT) as well as USB drivers. Also...program could be looking for an actual dongle as per the popup. See pic. Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    "It wouldn't be there if it wasn't..." - Milton Berle

1988 325iS - M20

Comment

Updated the drivers to no avail. This particular program requires a constant 12v, which the USB to serial adapters won't work with, as they only give off 6v or so. Believe me, I wish it were that easy :/
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/v...c.php?t=123165 Give this a read!!!! Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
        "It wouldn't be there if it wasn't..." - Milton Berle

1988 325iS - M20

Comment

Working...
        X