Bmw e30 cluster problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bmw e30 cluster problems

Hi there, cluster on my e30 had an analog clock in it, I bought an rpm gauge and it does not work, all the electrics check out, SI batteries are on 3.2 V the coding plug is correct, and the gauge and the cluster are VDO and in the c101 connector i have black wire on pin 9. What else could be the problem, thanks?
    Last edited by Adrian42693; 10-14-2019, 09:18 AM.

General Discussion is not a catch-all; please do not ask technical questions there. If you don't know where to ask your question, post it in General Technical and we'll move it to the appropriate subforum if necessary. Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Tachometer will not work without the coding plug. You will need that too. If your SI board is the original 30 year old board, consider it bad. Even if the batteries are 3.2v each, they output amperage is probably so low, they have no current to drive the SI board.
      Owner - Bavarian Restoration
      BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
      www.BavRest.com
      My Feedback Thread
      Our Facebook!
      Follow our Instagram!

Comment

I have the correct coding plug, and I don't have problems with inspection lights, cpuld it still be the batteries?

Comment

If your batteries are the original 30 year old batteries, yes your SI board is dead.
          Owner - Bavarian Restoration
          BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
          www.BavRest.com
          My Feedback Thread
          Our Facebook!
          Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Working...
          X