Tail light clean up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tail light clean up

My tail lights have some sort of muddy deposit inside of them that I have to clean out. I removed the tail light but couldn’t get the thing easily disassembled to clean the inside. I’ve attached some pictures. Has anyone been able to separate the rear cover from the lens cover? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't believe those two parts will come apart without destroying them!
    2004 525i Manual - 1985 325E Coupe Manual

Comment

Any ideas on how to clean out the gunk without separating? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Put soap/water in there. Shake until all of the dirt come clean. Rinse and use an air hose to dry out the water before putting it back in.

Comment

Or you could rebuild them with a set of these babies:

Of course you'd have to paint them according to the color you like. Aside from that, this would be the most complete way of rebuilding them.

IIRC, there's someone on the board who currently offers this service (MHW reps).
          If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Soapy water and some aquarium gravel- rinse the hell out of the gravel to get the silt out of it, then shake shake shake!
            It's hard to get it all out afterwards, but it cleans the lumpy inner lens surface really well...

t
            now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
            X