Do E30s use reversible keys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do E30s use reversible keys?

Key snapped in at the handle as I was opening my door. Luckily I managed to pull the half that was stuck in the lock. Put in an order for 2 new keys at the Stealership but they won't be available for until Friday. In the meantime, I am trying to find a way to make a temporary duplicate of my key so I can use my car again. I tried super gluing my key back together but it keeps falling apart. Found a technique online that involves drawing a template of the broken key on masking tape stuck to an old credit card and cutting out the template and thought I'd give it a whirl. I'm looking at the key that came with my car (it's an aftermarket duplicate) and it seems reversible. Are E30 keys reversible or do the locks have cylinders on both sides?
    1986 325e Schwarz (sold)
    1989 325iX Alpineweiß​ (daily)

Greed is Good

The keys are reversible, but yes, they do have pins on both sides. So they have to be symmetrical.

Not that many of us don't have keys that work better one way than the other....

t
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

I have 5 keys to my car. trunk barrel is the only way to lock and unlock my car... scary but true. don't be left keyless. sent from hell using tapatalk
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      '90 325i sedan daily driven
      '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Working...
      X