Alpina Steering Wheel and Momo Adapter Wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpina Steering Wheel and Momo Adapter Wiring

Can someone help me understand how to wire the horn with the momo and alpina steering wheel combo? Two pics below - one of the momo items and the other is the wiring for the buttons on the wheels.

Do I need the little flat piece I’m holding in the picture of the momo adapter? Or is that only for a center horn?

Click image for larger version

Name:	CF137E2F-88C7-4BF4-B2FC-0306C208B6C3.jpeg
Views:	266
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	9896311

Click image for larger version

Name:	C6CFDD31-1591-472F-AF0B-B40D3113D6E0.jpeg
Views:	259
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	9896312

You're missing the yellow wire that connects that "flat piece" to the horn lead, but you can make your own. Be sure to put some kind of rubber sleeve over your connections so the horn doesn't randomly go off.

Comment

Originally posted by uturn View Post
      You're missing the yellow wire that connects that "flat piece" to the horn lead, but you can make your own. Be sure to put some kind of rubber sleeve over your connections so the horn doesn't randomly go off.
      Thanks! Is it part of the car or part of the adapter I’m missing?

Comment

Did you ever get this sorted it? My alpine 3-spoke just came in. wow, 360mm... amazing, unfortunately I am having the same issue and not sure.

Comment

install --> hub - > ring with male connector - > steering wheel

connect black wire on horn button to black wire from steering column.
          make a junction with female connector to female connector. connect wire to ring with male connector to *yellow wires on horn.

test it before installing the wheel by turning car on. first by touching black wire to male connector on ring, second complete connections on horn and test horn button.
          if satisfied, button it all up and you're good to go.

i've installed a few quick releases and steering wheels, sometimes the coating/paint on the hub or quick release won't allow for a good ground which requires a little sanding to show bare metal.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
            install --> hub - > ring with male connector - > steering wheel

connect black wire on horn button to black wire from steering column.
            make a junction with female connector to female connector. connect wire to ring with male connector to *yellow wires on horn.

test it before installing the wheel by turning car on. first by touching black wire to male connector on ring, second complete connections on horn and test horn button.
            if satisfied, button it all up and you're good to go.

i've installed a few quick releases and steering wheels, sometimes the coating/paint on the hub or quick release won't allow for a good ground which requires a little sanding to show bare metal.
            Thanks.

I found I was missing a wire and its working perfectly now.

Comment

Working...
            X