Aux/Secondary Fuse Box on e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aux/Secondary Fuse Box on e30

I'm curious if anyone knows the source of the 12v for the aux/secondary fuse box? (the little guy that hangs off the fuse box)

Mine seems to only work when the car is actually running. Not in the "on" position as you'd expect it to work. I'd like to figure out why this is the case if possible, but would like a little more understanding before cutting it all apart.

It looks like one is tied to ignition power and the other to battery/always on power

Comment

Originally posted by Eskie View Post

It looks like one is tied to ignition power and the other to battery/always on power
      That is what my 89 is.
      Originally posted by Sonny
      I am a meme for our community.

Comment

pull the boot back and you can see which is which
        Originally posted by priapism
        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
        Originally posted by shameson
        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I can't seem to understand why mine wouldn't work with the key in the first position though. Looking at the diagram it kind of looks like to me that the circuit ins't complete until you turn the key over to run. but then everyone else is saying they have constant 12v with the key turned to the first position. do you think it's possible that the alternator is tied to this some how and that's why i wouldn't get power until i run the car?

Comment

Working...
          X