E30 318is Fuse 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 318is Fuse 23

1991 E30 318is is the car. I know you are jealous of me. The fact that Fuse 23 keeps blowing. and I just LOVE searching for E30 electrical issues. So here goes, I need your help. I have Euro headlights installed three years ago and aftermarket HU a the same time. All the wires are behind HU are used of capped off. No issues for two years. Then fuse 23 keeps blowing.

Before, with the headlight switch in the off (pushed all the way in ) position headlights, markers, dash,parking lights and tail lights were all on. This was normal for a Canadian DRL car. One click out kept everything on except for headlights. Another click turned the headlights on.

Now:

Car on and headlight switch to off = no dash lights, tail lights, etc. - everything that is fuse 23 related is not on. Fuse 23 is not blown and Fuse 22 also not blown. Fuse 22 never has never blown.
    Car on and headlight switch to on one click (or two) = blown fuse 23
    Check panel lights are ok

I bought a used switch and same issue.

Any ideas? The fact that no lights are on in the off position and no blown fuse baffles me.

Cheers.

DDS

Any work done recently? It looks like fuse 23 powers a lot including the rear window defroster, ash tray lights along with the rear lights. Sorry, but no easy answer for you.
    2004 525i Manual - 1985 325E Coupe Manual

Comment

Almost all you ever needed.

t
      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

smileys and stereo 2 years ago. my biggest question is if not one light related to fuse 23 (and 22) is on with switch in off position means what? fuse 22 never blows but the lights associated with that circuit arent lighting up. so does this mean the issue may be in the fuse box? Click image for larger version

Name:	light switch.PNG
Views:	186
Size:	218.1 KB
ID:	9925058

Comment

Working...
        X