Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gas tank out. What else to do, besides new sheet metal in floor, while tank is out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas tank out. What else to do, besides new sheet metal in floor, while tank is out?

I have a new tank to go in and my generous brother is welding in a new passenger floor pan for me. What else should be done while the tank is out? Any other projects that are much easier without the tank?

Look at the hard brake lines and junction that are above the fuel tank. If there is rust consider replacing while the tank is out.

Comment

Pull the evap/fuel expansion system and replace lines/address rust in that area.

Comment

check the metal tube for rust; it goes from the rear wheel well to the inside of the car and to the underside of the section under the rear seats.
        Mine was rusted and needed replacing.
        1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
        1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Pulled the tank on my Touring last winter as part of a larger project and 100% agree with all the suggestions. I will add to the comment about hard brake lines - it will also be much easier to replace the inner soft brake lines with the tank out of the way.

Cory
          1992 325i Cabrio
          1988 320i Touring
          2000 M5
          1977 530i
          2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
          BMWCCA
          E30CCA

Comment

Working...
          X