How to remove the front vents housing after taking out the vents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to remove the front vents housing after taking out the vents

I need to remove the front vent housing. I already removed the vents.
    Anyone has ever done this?

Hey man,

The vents have 2 push tabs on the underside of the vent housing, as well as 2 lock tabs on the top side of each housing. You'll need to slide 2 thin screwdrivers or similar tool to push up the tabs on the underside, See pic:

The red circled part on the smaller vent is the top of the vent with the lock tabs, same as how the large middle vent in the picture is. The green circled area shows the push tabs on the bottom of all the vents that you'll need to push up on with a tool to release. For the large vent, the push tabs should be in the same position on the underside as the lock tabs in the above pic are on the top side.

Here's the underside of the middle vent, where the tabs are:

To remove, you'll need to push up on the two push tabs on the bottom side of the vent and swiveled the bottom of the vent out past the tabs, then slide a thin flat head screw driver in between the dash and the top of the vent where the lock tab is to release it and slide it out.
    Last edited by Albie325; 12-11-2020, 08:32 PM.
    '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

thank you so much !!
      this is very helpful.

now off to find me a thin flat screwdriver or equivalent...

you rock !

Comment

Glad to help brother
        '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

Working...
        X