Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trunk Lock Help!

Hey all,

So I had a bit of a fiasco last night where my trunk lock jammed. I tried everything I could to get it open but nothing worked. So, I pulled out the rear seat and cut out the ski pass through and undid the latch using a long extension.

So, now the trunk is open but the catch is still stuck in the latch and I cannot for the life of me get it to release. Any ideas?

For clarifications sake, referencing the attached RealOEM diagram, part 14 is locked into part 11. The trunk lid is open. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe this: http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/106674

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenze View Post
      This is exactly what I did to get into the locked trunk, but now the latch and lock are stuck together and I cannot figure out how to get them unstuck. And since they're stuck, I can't remove the lock mechanism to inspect it. I'm to the point where I may just have to take a cut off wheel to the latch to get them apart.

Comment

Can't you expose the lock when you take out the trunk carpet?
        You should be able to unscrew the lock cylinder.
        Then you can try to poke into the holes.
        Last edited by Vincenze; 02-19-2021, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Can't you expose the lock when you take out the trunk carpet?
          You should be able to unscrew the lock cylinder.
          Then you can try to poke into the holes.
          can you elaborate on the holes? I’m not too familiar with how the mechanism works and I can’t find many good diagrams.

Comment

You should be able to unscrew the bolts #13 to uninstall the lock cylinder.

That bottom part in the lock should rotate and unlock the lock. If I remember correctly, it's connected to the Central locking system.

Comment

You should be able to unscrew the bolts #13 to uninstall the lock cylinder.

That bottom part in the lock should rotate and unlock the lock. If I remember correctly, it's connected to the Central locking system.

thanks for the help, Vincenze. I finally got some time to get out in the garage today (I have a 3 week old daughter) and was able to get things unstuck and put back together. My lock mechanism was pretty seized up so it got disassembled and lubed up. Works like a charm now. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
              X