• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Photos; M3 DTM

Figured I would share some photos I took of a local E30 M DTM

OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

The center-locks are cool, but what makes this a DTM car? It looks like a CCA / NASA D Mod car ;)
    I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Originally posted by markseven View Post
      The center-locks are cool, but what makes this a DTM car? It looks like a CCA / NASA D Mod car ;)
      Nasa cars are increasing getting more and more amazing; even the privateer ones. Best tuning idea would be to copy bmw as bmw does the best race car tuning of BMW's.

This is a genuine e30 m3 dtm; owned by bmw San Francisco. Full show with vintage history; im not an expert on what makes a car an offical "DTM"

Modern e92 m3 dtm you can just order from bmw completed.

Parked in secret weapons storage for similar items; m1 full racing procar, e21 group 5, csl racing bat mobile, ptg e36m..... list goes on and on.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Is that a heim joint adjustment in the lower control arm??
        sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

i've seen this particular car referenced as an authentic DTM car before - my only question is what's up with the rear wing?
          8380 Laboratories
          M3 Champs Poster

Comment

Wish I knew!

The fleet still get modded; often also.

The e21 grp5 just got a DME upgrade to modern Standalone EFI: Link Plus- I suppose the owner is more into function on track than complete originality.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Fucking cool

Comment

Originally posted by markseven View Post
                Definitely has a lot of DTM parts on it... good chance that it is the real deal. The big honkin' front strut housings, the rear subframe, halfshafts, etc look like genuine items... and obviously the centerlock wheels. Just that it is an earlier spec car judging by the control arms, wheel choice, etc. I've got to admit that rear wing is pretty ugly though.

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |

Comment

Just wondering if you know that the DTM cars "just" were Group A cars?
                  That means an e30 M3 prepped according to the Group A handbook is nothing else than a satellite team DTM car.

The only thing that makes a Group A a DTM car is if it raced in the DTM or not.

Factory Group A cars (Schnitzer, Linder, Alpina and Bigazzi) were slightly different, especially in the 1992 season, when there were occasionally 2.7 Liter engines used.
                  1990 kashmir beige BMW e30 327i
                  muggello rot BMW e36 M3 Gruppe A Euro
                  1990 GP weiss Porsche 964 C2
                  1997 schwarz II BMW e36 328iS supercharged

Comment

Fuel cell is wrong, wing is wrong, rear suspension is wrong, looks like a group N conversion.
                    sigpic

Comment

Chassis serial number will tell the story. Thanks for posting pictures
                      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

niiice! how did you break into my garage ;)

Comment

Working...
                        X