Best S14 chip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best S14 chip?

I heard one of the members here had a better chip than the Conforti one? Any help appreciated
    91 E30 318is DS/Anthrazit S14 & 5 bolt
    99 E36 M3 Cosmos/black leather
    06 E90 330i Black Sapphire/black vinyl stuff
    WTB: Black 71-76 2002
    www.bcbimmers.com

The Iigomotive chip is the way to go. The Conforti chip is a bit of a ragged edge tune and that is why there have been quite a few S14s that have had engine failure with the chip (to be fair, I'm speculating, but if you do some research you will find lots of threads about blown engines and a Conforti chip being a common item with all of them.)

Luis can be reached at s14chips@sbcglobal.net Sometimes it takes awhile for him to reply.

Will
    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
    '88 BMW M3

Comment

I've ran a TMS/JC chip over 15 years and have had no problems even in CA with our 91 Oct gas. They do tend to ping under heavy load though. I also run an Iggomotive chip in my other M3 with stock S14 and it's an awesome chip. Gives plenty of power and runs well but I've noticed sometimes it takes longer to start the car whereas with the stock chip it would catch right away.
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

To update: The iggo 91 oct chip passes CA smog test with flying colors. Numbers were the same as with the stock chip.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Working...
        X