Feeler - Brake adapters 318ti to E36 M3 rear brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could have?

The offset is an inch to make the caliper be in the right position. Actually. Its an inch and 1/8.

The downfall is you lose your parking brakes. its because the flange has a huge offset. So the backing plate does not make it to the inside of the rotor.

I have made a couple versions of the adapter working on caliper spacing for the offset and the rotor spacing inside the caliper. The pad placement is pretty precise. Im sure it will work but you will toast the pad and have funny wear patterns.

Also a driveline brake would pretty pretty easy on the guibo driveshaft side :)
    Past Car : E30 S50 6 Speed 5 Lug 3.73
    Current : Z3 S50 OBD2 (Smog Legal) 6 Speed BBS RN Dual Ear Diff
    Julian 848-248-8029

Comment

Yup as I was thinking, no parking brake, and rotor will sit way out our requiring a serious spacers. How does rotor sit on the hub itself?

You need to post some pics of this, because from what it sound like, it seems to be a bad idea.

Comment

I only meant it would be bad shit if you didn't really take some time and check to make sure that the pad is sitting properly on the rotor.

The only thing I could see going bad is the ears on the TA being unhappy.

Why would it require spacers? If the DS1's fit on the flange with the M3 brakes and the M3 flange why would they not work on the Z3 Flange.

The Hub it self is the same size. So the rotor sits fine.
        Past Car : E30 S50 6 Speed 5 Lug 3.73
        Current : Z3 S50 OBD2 (Smog Legal) 6 Speed BBS RN Dual Ear Diff
        Julian 848-248-8029

Comment

interested, Ive got the calipers and rotors from my M3. and im currently running a TI rear end.

let me know
          sigpic

Comment

So your saying with the Ti hub, a bracket that moves the caliper out 1 1/8" and to the right height is all that's needed to get this to work.

Does the caliper being that much further out interfere with wheel fitment at all?
            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Working...
            X