New Lollipops to eliminate the need to use 96+ M3 arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Lollipops to eliminate the need to use 96+ M3 arms

I have on the mill right now new Lollipops that give proper caster for 5 lug swaps on stock e30 arms.

Price point is below the THR Eyeball arms.

There will be two versions ones for people who already have 96+ arms and ones for want to use E30 or 95 m3 Arms.

Feeler go!
    Past Car : E30 S50 6 Speed 5 Lug 3.73
    Current : Z3 S50 OBD2 (Smog Legal) 6 Speed BBS RN Dual Ear Diff
    Julian 848-248-8029

how much closer to the first mounting bolt are these than the treehouse bushings

pics?

Comment

Originally posted by Dominic49 View Post
      how much closer to the first mounting bolt are these than the treehouse bushings

pics?
      Well that is super secret. THREBA are E30 M3 Offset. Supposedly they are a TAD bit closer for a TAD bit more caster.
      Julian 848-248-8029

Comment

why is this super secret?

Comment

R&D people know how to keep secrets or they have to commute to China for work at the new McDonald's in Tiananmen Square.

Comment

My Q exactly.

We don't want the 3d CAD file to undo the guy's hard work.

The single measurement is enough to determine/satisfy us that these will do what he say's they will.

Besides, as soon as he sells one, they can be reverse engineered and sent to China anyway!!
            292rwhp E30 :D

Comment

damn I wish I hadn't sold my bed to make room for the boxes and boxes of 96+ m3 control arms I've been hoarding.

Comment

Originally posted by E30-323ti View Post
                My Q exactly.

The single measurement is enough to determine/satisfy us that these will do what he say's they will.

Besides, as soon as he sells one, they can be reverse engineered and sent to China anyway!!
                All this and a few other things is why there is just some shit you can't get anymore.

Who is going to spend time and money on R&D when the knock off sells for less than you can have it made six months after your brainchild hits the market?
                I'm Not Right in the Head | Random Rants and other Nonsense1st Order Logic Failure: Association fallacy, this type of fallacy can be expressed as (∃xS : φ(x)) → (∀xS : φ(x)), meaning "if there exists any x in the set S so that a property φ is true for x, then for all x in S the property φ must be true".

Comment

Originally posted by E30-323ti View Post
                  My Q exactly.

Originally posted by Mossman View Post
                  damn I wish I hadn't sold my bed to make room for the boxes and boxes of 96+ m3 control arms I've been hoarding.

Originally posted by Liam View Post
                  All this and a few other things is why there is just some shit you can't get anymore.

Who is going to spend time and money on R&D when the knock off sells for less than you can have it made six months after your brainchild hits the market?
                  These brackets should put the wheel @ proper E30 caster w/ a moderate drop. Other productions of the bracket will be designed for more drop to ensure best wheel placement.

If I sold these brackets for 50 bucks straight outta china would you strap them on your car?

I have seen a couple versions of lollipops out there from threaded rod w/ a monoball to THR. The mass production version of these will be a solid unit. The threaded rod mono-ball does not make it very ideal for street use.

I am making the brackets to pass them onto the community to save some time and money. Not to make shit tons of cash. I already have a job :)

The price point would be between 120-150. Also with the bracket you knock out two birds with one stone.

No need for the Offset LCAB and no need for the 96+ control arms. In consideration of how much E30 M3 stuff is and how expensive new control arms can get. $140 bucks seems pretty fair.
                  Julian 848-248-8029

Comment

Its super secret!
                    Julian 848-248-8029

Comment

I want a set when they are done.

Comment

I will let you know when they are ready for sale.
                        Julian 848-248-8029

Comment

i guess a little toe out durring breaking or hard turns isnt gonna kill ya

Comment

Are you still working on these?

Comment

yup.

Part of the problem is as you increase the point for the LCA that the rear rim will start to catch the sway bar for cars w/ large tires / rims.
                              Julian 848-248-8029

Comment

Working...
                              X