Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

re-clocking offset CABS to center wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re-clocking offset CABS to center wheels?

I was under my car looking at the lollipops while doing some other work, and i started wondering, what if i pressed the CABS out and pressed them back in not perfectly "at 9 o'clock".. because it looks like if i moved them slightly more to the 12 oclock position it would pivot the whole control arm andmake the outer balljoint point more foward . is this a dumb idea? it may not affect anything at all since just tilting the arm would still allow the outer balljoint to rotate on itself and not move the spindles position at all

The offset M3 CABs, when in the correct position (toward the outside of the car), offer the most caster you can get with the stock "lollipops."

I have a feeling yours may be installed incorrectly if you believe you can get more caster by rotating them.
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

no they are in the right way, its just that i had to unbolt the lollipop from the body to do something else to the car, and as the lollipop was dropped away from the body i noticed that the position of the wheel in the wheelwell changed.

Comment

As kencopperwheat said, you get the most caster when they're installed correctly. If you try to rotate the bushing, you will lose caster and the wheel will sit farther back than supposed to.

Erik

Comment

Working...
        X