Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a good deal?

Off of CL:

"I have an E30 front 5lug swap for sale. It consists of a pair of e36 m3 struts, Eibach springs, upper strut hats and hardware, e36 spindles, 5 lug hubs, Power Slot rotors and e36 calipers. Bolt them on the front of an e30 for a five lug conversion. All assembled and ready to go $150"

Wondering if I should pick this up? Maybe hold on to it until I can get the rears acquired. I should probably search more but I'm lazy so... is this a bolt on thing or is it required that I modify the strut tubes? I'm new to this whole 5-lug thing. Thanks.
    Last edited by thedeal; 11-26-2009, 01:50 PM. Reason: more info

Well assuming it is really M3 stuff it was a good deal if it isn't already gone. I paid $275 for my e36 M3 front knuckles. I don't know if your would be able to use the top hats either... I used Ground Control Camber/Caster Plates. So the wheels is somewhat center in the wheelwell you would also need the 96+ control arms, and then also the e30 M3 control arm bushings (or you could just go Tree House Racing Eyeball Arms!)

I would say that just for the front knuckle alone they are a good deal. If you want help with the 5 lug just ask away. I have done it now, and am almost local!
    sigpic
    e30 Sold long ago - Too many BMWs since then... For now 2006 M5

Comment

The guy seemed like an idiot to me.

Jury is out on e36 spindles as far as wheel centering goes. I stuck with M3 spindles.

Overall, not a bad deal for what your getting.

Comment

My plan was to pick these up just as the first step in collecting parts. Once I had everything I would complete the swap maybe a year down the road. The guy seems like a flake though, so we will see!

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Sorry, I though that you ment that the spindles (knuckles) were e36 m3... Yeah if they aren't I wouldn't do it. Rumor has it they won't sit center. I didn't even try, I just went from the beginning with the M3 stuff. I bought a kit of e36 325i front stuff and I6 Z3 trailing arms when I was first getting started which I spent like $375 on. Ended up using nothing but the rear hubs from the trailing arms, what a huge waste of money.
          sigpic
          e30 Sold long ago - Too many BMWs since then... For now 2006 M5

Comment

^it's no longer a rumor, I've tried both.

Comment

Working...
            X