e36 brakes on e36m3 spindles???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e36 brakes on e36m3 spindles???

I'm realizing that I don't always "need" giant brakes and for winter and long distance purposes i'd like to be able to run 15" wheels.

Do standard e36 brakes bolt on e36 m3 spindles? If so, I think I'll be doing that shortly.

Im pretty sure the regular e36 spindles are alot smaller then the m3. probably wont work.

Comment

don't be a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles. it's nice to have big brakes all the time
      Originally posted by blunt
      can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

It's not like you NEED big brakes on the street to begin with.
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

My only problem with M3 brakes is the minumum 17" wheel size (well ok some 16"s). There just aren't many 16 & 17" snow tires that properly fit the e30.
          Originally posted by BillBrasky
          E36's are the Stephen Baldwin of the 3 series family. They barely hold everything together and they only sold a lot because of the popularity of their older sibling.
          1991 318i Alpine II - S50/5-lug swapped - track car
          1989 325i Cirrusblau - Daily
          1970 2500 - Malaga over Grey Cloth
          2012 F350 6.7PSD

Comment

And big snows are not cheap.
            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

i want to run 15" e36 bottle caps with snow tires

Comment

I realize that, just stating a fact. My snow's for 17's were 185 a pop two weeks ago. I would love to be running 15's as well. Pick up some cheap struts and run them. Dime a dozen out there.
                https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

the reason I was asking, it because I heard some people put e36m3 brakes on 325i's, thought it would interchange...

Comment

Can't you just get a set of e36 spindles/brakes and swap as a unit?

Comment

same hubs, but different knuckles, and different piston size.
                      Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                        It's not like you NEED big brakes on the street to begin with.
                        i dunno, it's pretty nice to have
                        Originally posted by blunt
                        can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
                          the reason I was asking, it because I heard some people put e36m3 brakes on 325i's, thought it would interchange...
                          Caliper mounting points are different for the regular e36 and e36 M... I guess you could fit M brakes on non M e36 steering knuckles, but you would have to trim a few mms off (which I would not do) both the caliper carrier and the knuckle to get the caliper offset correctly in line with the rotor. The distance of the bolt holes are the same.

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |

Comment

I don't know where the difference lies (although crz azn says he knows) but in general when e36 guys upgrade to M brakes they do spindles and brakes at once, it's e36 conventional wisdom you can't just slap m3 calipers on.

Comment

^ That's correct! I'll show you. I took these pics about a year ago for some of the guys on our local forum. Don't mind the labels, that shit was for something else.

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |

Comment

Working...
                              X