Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just completed swap!! but front wheel not centered, what´s wrong ?? Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post

Moving strut mount forward make surprisingly a big difference. Moving up top by 10mm still move wheel hub about 6mm forward. Doesn't sound like a lot, but it really does look much better. This is because you're pivoting entire strut assembly over the outer ball joint. I also imagine that it would help reduce bump steer, because tie-rod also moves lower (but only by 1-2mm).
    The only problem is that this will screw up your caster even more. The wheel will be more centered, but caster will suck.

Comment

that's the way BMW engineers took care of the issue on all e36s. They moved strut tower forward on otherwise identical design to e30. So I feel like caster is perfectly fine, but I understand what you mean.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002maniac View Post
        The only problem is that this will screw up your caster even more. The wheel will be more centered, but caster will suck.
        Yea, we will try to adjust out some of the massive positive caster at the top.
        Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
        Project Thread for the now-burned-to-a-crisp $2011 GRM Challenge Winning E30 V8 :(

Comment

Just out of interest those front damper's looks like the exact same housing as my BMW E36 328i Group N BMW Motorsport/Sachs Dampers.

Do you have the part no. from them by any chance?

Comment

i think South Africa saw a lot of different variants of BMWs. Post up pics of what you got.

Comment

I took them off a E36 328i Group N car. It was running 900lbs front springs.

I have checked the valving on them and they are spot on for a 800-1100lbs spring range.

Don't mind the roll centre spacer it was just a mock up version... Actually don't mind anything as most of it has been changed since then.

Comment

anyone figure out the lolipop bushings? or just moving it 10mm up top will do it all? while running e30 m3 lower bushing ( lolipop ) im running e36 bilsteins coil overs e36 m3 controll arm from a 96- up... and e36 hubs. with a e36 rackk.

i cut the towers out.. and moved them 1cm forward seemd to fix the problem..
                Last edited by b1gturbo; 07-29-2012, 10:22 AM.
                e30 m62 enough said.

Comment

Originally posted by b1gturbo View Post
                  anyone figure out the lolipop bushings? or just moving it 10mm up top will do it all? while running e30 m3 lower bushing ( lolipop ) im running e36 bilsteins coil overs e36 m3 controll arm from a 96- up... and e36 hubs. with a e36 rackk.

i cut the towers out.. and moved them 1cm forward seemd to fix the problem..
                  There are these options

UUC:

OR

EBay:

Comment

Working...
                  X