help with e30 m3 five lug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with e30 m3 five lug

Hey I found a guy who is selling his suspension off a 89 m3. What do I need to take off it? I know I need the front struts and hubs, and rear trailing arms and hubs, and tie rods. What else do I need? Do I need the control arms?
    sigpic

For e30 M3 five lug you need:

Front hubs, strut tubes, sway bar links, and tie rod levers
    Rear hubs (trailing arms are the same)

You do not need tie rods, they are the same.

EDIT: Any other questions, feel free to ask.

'91 318is - OBD-II S52 swapped - E30 M3 5-lug - 5x120 BBS RC090 (E39 Style 5) - TCK D/A coilovers 550/700 [SOLD]
    '87 535i - Vacuum brake conversion [SOLD]
    '93 525iT - 5-speed swap - 320k and counting
    '09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

If it has the aluminum control arms, take them. Get all the brake equipment as well, including e-brake cables. Yes on sway bars and endlinks too.

Comment

Yeah, my bad, Farbin is right. You need front and rear calipers and carriers. I reused my brake cables and e-brake assemblies.

'91 318is - OBD-II S52 swapped - E30 M3 5-lug - 5x120 BBS RC090 (E39 Style 5) - TCK D/A coilovers 550/700 [SOLD]
        '87 535i - Vacuum brake conversion [SOLD]
        '93 525iT - 5-speed swap - 320k and counting
        '09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

^ Yeah, a lot can be reused, but, it's easier to go up to the car, pull the rear arms, then disconnect cables, that way you don't have to open anything up, and run the risk of losing a bolt or part.

With the front, pull the strut mount top bolts, the brake hose, the control arm bushing bolts, and the one ball joint, then take everything as a whole up there too.

Comment

if you dont buy it then let me know.. I need e30 m3 suspension parts and if he has interior for the e30 m3 then let me know as well..

Comment

Well I got the parts! But he cut the e-brake cables in the process. Are the cables the same on the m3 and a 3 series?
              sigpic

Comment

Yes, the cables are identical.

Originally posted by whysimon
                WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

What about the rear wheel bearing?
                  sigpic

Comment

The rear wheel bearing is the same, but the hub flange is the different part on the rear.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X