Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

source of information?
    Originally posted by FredK
    However, in your absence, I will likely sit in your seat buck naked while making racecar noises as if I were maxing your E30 out on the Mulsanne Straight while allowing the perforated vinyl to soak up my butt sweat (going 200 mph does that to you).

My year in Germany
    Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by psyber_0ptix View Post
      source of information?
      This is the only place I can find it now:

Correct me if you know this to be wrong, otherwise I was planning on ordering Z3 front springs and E30 rear springs for my car. If it works that's great, if not then I guess I'll have to find a different front spring.
      1989 325is w/M52 swap
      1989 320i coupe, mostly stock

Comment

Bumping this bish back from the dead just to post a dumb question.

If I buy E30 M3 front struts and hubs without the rotors or carriers, can I use E36M calipers and carriers on them without spacers? Only want to do this as the E36 stuff is more readily available than E30 brakes (carriers NLA)
        For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
        Originally posted by mbonanni
        I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

You need to run 'rotor' spacers (iirc 12mm SBI use to make them) under the E36 M3 rotors (315mm dia) to use the E36 M3 calipers/carriers.

Non-M E36 calipers/carriers will 'bolt-on', but the matching rotor's will still need a spacer to fit, custom no doubt, and I doubt you could use E30 M3 rotor's as they are 25mm think vs 22mm non-M E36, unless you always ran half worn pads and still the diameter is different (275 vs 286mm).

You could always look at E28's for calipers.

Or better yet, just get some nice 'massive' brakes.
          292rwhp E30 :D

Comment

Last edited by E30-323ti; 04-17-2011, 03:54 AM. Reason: double post
            292rwhp E30 :D

Comment

i need to fit 16" wheels on the m3 spindles so 300mm ou original 286mm brakes need to fit. Any of you ever tried the m3 spindle and normal caliper combination?

Comment

Originally posted by CrAzY_DrIveR View Post
                Any of you ever tried the m3 spindle and normal caliper combination?
                Won't work. Different offset and height.
                Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Working...
                X