back break help, making e32 breaks work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

back break help, making e32 breaks work

What kinda of carriers are needed to make e32 back breaks work with e36 318i trailing arms. Everything works and fits except for the pieces to mount calipers to float right over disks. Any insight would be great. thanks
    1989 325i 5Lug S52 - RIP 1991 325i S52

Brakes.

Comment

Braiks

Comment

I might as well...................but I won't.

What the hell are you trying to do, dude? For why are you using e36 trailing arms on an E32? Trying to do a 5 lug to 5 lug swap?
        Recent Rebranding!!
        Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
        E30 SM62/S62
        E30 M60 V8
        E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
        Instagram.com/garageaholic
        Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

I think he has an e36 ti rear subframe on his e30 and is trying to install factory big brakes...

Comment

i am swapping an e30. I have the option of putting e32 rotors and calipers on the back 318ti trailing arms. Is that possible? the only problem i am running into is the carriers. Is there anyway for this to happen with any stock carriers or would they have to be completely custom? or is it even worth my time?
            1989 325i 5Lug S52 - RIP 1991 325i S52

Comment

You'll probably have more luck asking in the e36 section of bf.c

Comment

the e32 rear caliper are the same at the e30 m3 caliper. Also, you can get 318ti carriers to get e30 m3 calipers to work after some machining but not sure if this will all work on the ti arms. I know it will work on the e30 arms from searching around.
                Alex 88 m5 | 91 318is | 19 Subaru Ascent
                BMW Tool Rentals & Fender Roller

Comment

The rear e30 m3 control arms are the same as a 325i.
                  Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by sgmira_e30 View Post
                    What kinda of carriers are needed to make e32 back breaks work with e36 318i trailing arms. Everything works and fits except for the pieces to mount calipers to float right over disks. Any insight would be great. thanks
                    what information were you using, that led you to believe you could do something like this?

Just by looking at rotors, you should see how different they are...

Comment

I thought this thread was about someone breaking their back while working on an e32, and being out of work because of it. For a moment at least.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
                      Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

Working...
                      X