Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

95 m3 hubs/rotors? need answer ASAP

hey
    im looking into a 5 lug swap for my e30 and i came by a killer deal for 95 m3 front hub/spindle/brakes setup. i was wondering if i could use them along with the 96+ control arms in order to achieve the proper looking settup?
    im about an hour from the guy and only have the time to go early mourning tom. so any fast answer with the reasoning would be perfect.
    thanks
    baqi

Too late :(. Sorry pal.

Comment

I havent had a chance a to pick them up yet. Might go get them tom so the answer would still be nice. Ive research but havent come up with much with specifics about using 95 m3 spindles.

on found out that 96+ control arms are required.

Comment

Yeah you at the very least need to use the 96+ control arms with the m3 parts.
        But this will only yield the best possible caster that is possible without resorting to making custom LCAB mounts. (custom via slotting or redrilling)
        It will still be not the best desirable caster but its the best you can bolt on with off the shelf parts.
        Last edited by Teaguer; 03-29-2011, 06:52 PM.

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

I can now say after having 96M spindles on the car and now having 95M spindles and 96M arms with THR eyeballs and GC race upper strut tower setups that the 95M's is very usable for both track and street.
          1989 332IS -S-Fiddy Four-Some weight removed.
          5 lug E36 M3 Brakes Coilovers and LTW's and No ABS.

Comment

Well I believe that bimmerworld is still selling 96+ spindles for $80 shipped as a new pair. And iirc all e36 front hubs are the same. I really don't know though about running 95 spindles.
            sigpic
            1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
            1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
            1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Hubs yes spindles no.

Comment

Is there any proof that the Treehouse CABS make the setup any better than a normal offset bushing?

Comment

Yes the treehouse give you fixed m3 offset. Standard vs M3 is substantial

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer630 View Post
                    Is there any proof that the Treehouse CABS make the setup any better than a normal offset bushing?
                    You need to categorize "better"

Better, as in: stiffer / less compliant than rubber offset bushes, then Yes, they are better.

Better, as in: more caster, ??? and also depends what your intended use is, lots of castor isn't always "better".
                    292rwhp E30 :D

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer630 View Post
                      "Better" as in more caster?
                      DEFINITELY NOT.
                      THR eyeball arms are the same offset as stock OE M3 offset, just like every other aftermarket offset LCAB.

Comment

I thought so. It just seems like everyone who posts their "optimal" caster setup with a 5 lug swap, also has the THR mounts

Comment

Advantage is the THR's are offset (like any offset LCAB) and the small size will let 24v guys run stock downpipes or just about any aftermarket headers meant for e36's without modification.
                          Plus the bushing material seems to wear great and if memory serves me right also comes with a lifetime replacement warranty.

Same offset as stock or aftermarket LCABS though.

Comment

Working...
                          X