E36 M3 Rear Hubs pressed in e30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E36 M3 Rear Hubs pressed in e30?

I was told earlier today that the e36 m3 hubs can be pressed in the e30 arms. Is this possible?
    1995 M3 built.. 644whp
    2003 e55
    1991 318is
    2001 911 Turbo

That would be nice. Haven't heard this one yet. Kinda a long shot, but I'll subscribe.
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

If not M3 rear hubs maybe 318ti rear hubs? Unless they're the same then disregard this comment.
      -Pierre
      1987 535is
      1988 325is

Comment

i might have to give this a shot. I have a complete e36 M3 rear end off my parts car.
        1995 M3 built.. 644whp
        2003 e55
        1991 318is
        2001 911 Turbo

Comment

VAC did it. The rear hub presses in just fine but without the additional offset of the 318ti hubs. You would need some serious rotor spacers though as the disc would probably hit the trailling arm without them.

Let us know how you go.
          - Chris
          Project M42 - 255 @ 19 psi

Comment

VAC did it. The rear hub presses in just fine but without the additional offset of the 318ti hubs. You would need some serious rotor spacers though as the disc would probably hit the trailling arm without them.

Let us know how you go.
            - Chris
            Project M42 - 255 @ 19 psi

Comment

/\ So would 318ti hubs work ok? I have a rear subframe from a ti availible to me, but if I could get away with just swapping hubs and rotors that would suit my laziness better lol. Pluss a couple of hubs and rotors would take up less space in the garage while I aquire front end parts.
              Past-Flat Black '86 325,Schwartz '89 325iS, Lagunagrun '91 318i, 92 318i, Schwartz II Supercharged '97 328i, Luftwaffe '91 318iS Rallycar
              -Current- Alpinweiss '91 318iS (under the knife after slaughtering a deer), Luftwaffe '91 318i Rally Car (in progress)

Comment

I can tell you first hand that the 318ti hub will NOT press into the e30 bearing (At least not in Newville, PA) LOl, the ti hub is much smaller... just swap the trailing arms. yeah yeah, I know it sucks.

Comment

If you manage to get the E36 318 ti hubs in you'll have the same offset as they were on the E36 to start with, if you measure it all the reason the rear track is wider is because the 5 lug hub sticks out more.
                  Measure the trailing arms and the ti, Z3 and E30 325i have the same dimensions.

Comment

Im pretty sure this has been done.... if I am reading this correctly (not understanding the pressing part) you want to use the e36 hubs into the e30 ? (5 lug) ? If so yes, but I believe iirc it changes the caster of the front and most compatible e36 rear was the ti. please let me know if I misunderstood the post.
                    http://www.decal-spec.com

Comment

Ti has smaller size bearings
                      Z3 6cyl hubs fit the E30. I think all the hub flanges for 6 cyl cars WILL fit in with the correct bearing, but offset/brake fitment is the issue

Comment

just use e30 m3 hubs 211.xx from pelican parts and you keep the same abs position and the larger bearing, 318ti bearing rather small
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X