5x120 E30 Hubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5x120 E30 Hubs

So, why couldnt you make custom 5x120 hubs to work on an non M e30?

Obviously different rotors would be needed.

Why not?

With the right amount of money you can do anything, but you can buy a 5-lug swap for the cost most people would spend at a machinist to do so. Unless you are a machinist and have scrap to work with, I would just buy a swap.

Comment

I am a machinist.

I am considering making a run of these.

Comment

big advantage of 5 lug hubs would be that you wouldnt have to fuck around with geometry issues/control arm problems

set it up so it works with standard e36 brakes (328 disc + calipers).
        RIP 84 323i coupe 5spd w/ 14psi
        89' 318i

Comment

Originally posted by e30t5 View Post
          I am a machinist.

I am considering making a run of these.
          Awesome, sounds good then, that's what I said what I said, being as many people on here really in the industry

Originally posted by Gruelius View Post
          big advantage of 5 lug hubs would be that you wouldnt have to fuck around with geometry issues/control arm problems

set it up so it works with standard e36 brakes (328 disc + calipers).

I think e36 M bits would be a better idea, rotors, pads and calipers with a custom bracket. I think you will also have to modify the dust shield/backing plate.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
            Awesome, sounds good then, that's what I said what I said, being as many people on here really in the industry

I think e36 M bits would be a better idea, rotors, pads and calipers with a custom bracket. I think you will also have to modify the dust shield/backing plate.
            thing is the m calipers would be expensive (unless they are the same part, idk e36's) and doing that will hurt your market.

if you made the hubs so that they match the et of the z3 rear setup that could work out nice as one of the 5lug kits going to market is off by a bit.

from http://extradrei.com/5lug.html

z3 rear hubs give a setup 23.2mm wider than e30, which makes it easy to fit high et wheels found on e36
            Last edited by Gruelius; 04-09-2011, 04:20 AM.
            89' 318i

Comment

Would likely aim for 328 e36 brakes, as they are plentiful and I assume wouldnt limit wheel size so much. But if Im making caliper adapters, may as well make some options.

Noted on the increased rear track, I do remember seeing some photos of converted e30's with e36 wheels tucked way to far in in the rear.

Comment

Please, keep the suggestions coming.

Thanks.

Comment

Please, keep the suggestions coming.

Thanks.
                  you pretty much got it.

Set it up for e36 328 brakes , design it so that paired with the z3 hubs on the rear they have the correct offset and can use high offset std e36 wheels.

that extra drei sight says 23.2mm so instead of ET20, you would need to make it 23.2mm further out than stock e30 setup (thats asuming the info on that site is correct).

but if you keep that all in mind then you could sell them as simple 5lug setup that will take any e36 std wheels.
                  Last edited by Gruelius; 04-09-2011, 07:59 AM.
                  89' 318i

Comment

I dont have any suggestions per say; but remember, if you were to create a 5 lug hub for a non-m e30 at a reasonable price and in high quantity, you would be rolling in dough. Just a friendly reminder :up:
                    ^M52B28^

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                      Same here, although some people won't because it requires 17s, there are only a handful of 16s that cover E36 M brakes.

If possible, keep the mounting surface of the hubs in the place they are now (for wheel mounting) that way you can use low offset classic stuff and just run spacers to run newer high ET wheels.
                      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by I*Do*Werke View Post
                        I dont have any suggestions per say; but remember, if you were to create a 5 lug hub for a non-m e30 at a reasonable price and in high quantity, you would be rolling in dough. Just a friendly reminder :up:

What is reasonable? Seriously.

What would you really be willing to pay for front hubs 5/120 and brake adapters that fit on e30 spindles with oem wheel bearings, and e36 calipers/rotors?

Comment

Price it up and list it on here, you'll soon find out if the priice will be acceptable to the guys on here.
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

If you have bought items from me, please leave feedback below.
                          If you are a BUYER, Check My Feedback.:up:
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=183860

Check out my Euro Build Thread
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=215557

Comment

What is reasonable? Seriously.

What would you really be willing to pay for front hubs 5/120 and brake adapters that fit on e30 spindles with oem wheel bearings, and e36 calipers/rotors?
                            Its reasonable as long as its less than the total cost for a 5 lug swap by todays standards. So basically if I could buy your setup for less than the price of doing all the e36 and z3 nonsense, then I would do it. And Im sure MANY others on here would do the same
                            ^M52B28^

Comment

Originally posted by I*Do*Werke View Post
                              Its reasonable as long as its less than the total cost for a 5 lug swap by todays standards. So basically if I could buy your setup for less than the price of doing all the e36 and z3 nonsense, then I would do it. And Im sure MANY others on here would do the same
                              What have you come up with for costs?

If its 500, Im not going to price at 499, cost will be determined on a standard formula, and priced fairly.

Comment

Working...
                              X