X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brent5631
    replied
    Originally posted by SA E30 View Post
    What did you to do to make the locking nut work? The 5 lug hub, no matter which one , is deeper than the 4 hole hub.

What I did when I did this was machine the thick washer from the locking nut, and turn a new sleeve extension with washer that slid on from the front. This was thin enough to allow the nut to lock.

I still have the strut setup, which I'm adapting my AP racing Bbk to work with. New bells and caliper brackets are being made up.

I did turn down the back of the nut slightly but not as much as you obviously did. Without modifying the nut at all it is just barely too much and if you punch the little retainer down into the groove you can get it to catch.

I know others have made a custom nut but I did not want to add the hassle of doing that.

Leave a comment:

• SA E30
    replied
    What did you to do to make the locking nut work? The 5 lug hub, no matter which one , is deeper than the 4 hole hub.

What I did when I did this was machine the thick washer from the locking nut, and turn a new sleeve extension with washer that slid on from the front. This was thin enough to allow the nut to lock.

I still have the strut setup, which I'm adapting my AP racing Bbk to work with. New bells and caliper brackets are being made up.

Leave a comment:

• enigmaticdream
    replied
    Originally posted by wazzu70 View Post
    I think just selling the sleeves would be fine. Thats what most people want anyway :)
    Definitely

Leave a comment:

• wazzu70
    replied
    I think just selling the sleeves would be fine. Thats what most people want anyway :)

Leave a comment:

• brent5631
    replied
    Ok. I have no problem making the adapters for people but I do not have the time nor do I think it would be cost effective for me to design and promote a fully bolt on swap kit with brake mounts and everything. I will get the stock to make a few sets if anyone really wants a set pm me. But it will take some fabrication to get a proper brake setup.

You can still do the corrado and rx7 brakes but I cannot find a rotor in five lug that matches. So the rotors would need to be redrilled and bored out which needs to be done anyway.

Leave a comment:

• dude8383
    replied
    Well this is quite interesting. Will be checking back for more developments.

Leave a comment:

• einstein57
    replied
    I'll start producing them

Leave a comment:

• enigmaticdream
    replied
    I'm sure any competent machine shop could help you if you brought them the measurements.

Leave a comment:

• einstein57
    replied
    I think the issue is most people don't have a lathe. Your sig is a lie. lol

Leave a comment:

• brent5631
    replied
    Ill post up the dimensions maybe this weekend. I'm not going to make them to sell because their are a lot of brake options and I'd rather people sort that out themselves. But the sleeves are not to hard to make. If you can hold a tolerance to .001" you should be fine.

Leave a comment:

• enigmaticdream
    replied
    So do the sleeves create the offset you need to run the stock calipers? I'm wondering if you could run e30 m3 calipers if you had them sitting around

Leave a comment:

• einstein57
    replied
    I'd buy a pair of front sleeves from you. It makes more sense to just buy m3 hubs for the rears.
    Last edited by einstein57; 03-20-2013, 12:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wazzu70
    replied
    Is the bearing sleeve press fit or do you have another method of attaching it?

I like the DIY aspect even if its not cost effective to sell.

Leave a comment:

• brent5631
    replied
    Originally posted by evobmwe30 View Post
    So on the front strut housing can you just press off the 4 lug stock hub bearing and press on a new 5 lug e30 m3 hub bearing? Or do you have to change the whole strut housing too

Go re-read what I did or there is another thread talking about this same subject.
    Basically it is a spindle adapter for the new hubs to fit.

Leave a comment:

• evobmwe30
    replied
    So on the front strut housing can you just press off the 4 lug stock hub bearing and press on a new 5 lug e30 m3 hub bearing? Or do you have to change the whole strut housing too

Leave a comment:

Working...
X